Check out my handcrafted goodies ready to purchase here

Monday, August 9, 2010

1914 'Family' layout

This was a tricky layout to do!
The photo's i had were so faded they were barely distinguishable. 
I scanned them in photoshop and did a bit of adjusting. Still not the flashest but atleast they are visible!
I dont have many old family photo's and these are precious. It was actually an old postcard style photo. 
I was lucky enough that my grandfather had written the time date and place on the back. 
So it got copied that and added it too as I like the idea of having his own handwriting there.
The chipboard embellishment acts as a "holder" for the copy of the back of the photo 'postcard'. 
I also used dimensional glitter on all the butterflies and chip. 
The kaiser pearl strips also were nice and subtle- forming a sort of frame around the photo. I stamped and distressed around the photo and on the page too!

No comments: