Check out my handcrafted goodies ready to purchase here

Friday, December 10, 2010

Custom made "Precious memories" keepsake journal paper bag album for Sasha


















Custom made album for Sasha.

This is an album I am a little nervous about- as I had complete choice in colors and theme.
So I’m hoping that I’m not too far off the mark!
I started off by looking at the previous purchases and trying to get a feel for the things and styles she liked.
I had a tiny bit of this beautiful paper left, which I had shipped in especially from the USA  for my own private collection and thought it was perfect for this creation.
The papers are floral, vintage and also glittery and funky at the same time.  Soft blues,creams and beige with a hint of green. There is even a pattern of an old map on some pages and I thought it represented the theme “journey” beautifully.

Its not a conventional modern memories album- lots of interactive spaces for writing thoughts along with different photo spaces.
I love the idea of this being not too dated and that it doesn’t scream ‘2010”-
But it’s also not too old fashioned too.

I have sprinkled spiritual quotes throughout, added LOTS of flaps and a couple of  pockets with extra tags in.
The library pockets I’ve left empty, so that notes/secrets/ messages can be hidden inside.
The front cover has a beautiful flock texture within the cream pattern and feels velvety soft. I’ve hung a key ( representing the future) and a heart from the ribbons on the spine.
I’ve embossed a subtle swirl pattern through the photo matts and circles and the glittered them to carry the theme throughout.
I have used a mix of polysparkle and holographic embossing powder to highlight the edges of journaling areas and of the tabs to the fold out elements.
I have tied organza ribbon around the photo matts in a way that means you can easily slip your photo’s underneath.

Metal embellishments throughout include- dragonflies, a little silver key and silver daisy photo corners.
There’s a scatter of pearls and I have glimmer misted some 2 crafty chipboard embellishments- then glossy accented and kindy glitzed them!
A mix of rub ons and stamped images and words are scattered throughout.
I have so enjoyed creating this piece and I really hope that Sasha likes it!!
Fingers crossed :-)
xxxL


3 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Jaw dropping beautiful, Your buyer will LOVE this

oneoff said...

I am very tempted to change my name to Sasha!

How beautiful. So many things to look over and treasure. It's delightful.

Leonie said...

Thanks guys!
It's so lovely for you to say!
AND.......She LOVES it!!!!!!!
i wish i could see her face when she opens her package!
thanks for checking out my post xxxL