Check out my handcrafted goodies ready to purchase here

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friends comfort and affirmations






Having lost 2 special friends in the last 2 months to cancer as well as a beautiful family friend, my thoughts have been turning to comfort,affirmations and friends.
I was lucky enough to be able to complete a paper bag album for my special market friend Judy and her family, just before she passed away a couple of weeks ago.
We gathered photo's from the girls at the markets and I popped them into a paper bag album, not only as a reminder for Judy- who was suffering from brain cancer and kept forgetting our names! But also for her family as a reminder of us all with her, at her beloved markets.
It meant so much to me to be able to share with Judy how much she meant to us all before she left us- sometimes it hard to say or come up with the right words. And they say a picture paints a thousand words?
The simple gesture was touching for everyone and has inspired me to create a few pieces which I thought would be nice to give to a sick or dying friend.
So I have created this album with that in mind.
With lovely quotes and plenty of space to either write notes or pop in photos, something to share and leave as an everlasting memory.
$30 plus postage prepaid $9.90 3kg postal satchel.It wont fit in a 500g one!!
ps have also just listed a butterfly shaped friends album on ebay which would be suitable too!
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Fairy-Leonies-Handcrafted-Goodies

No comments: